Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Geomap - link different cities/countries

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Geomap - link different cities/countries

Hello SAS Community,

do you have any idea if it is possible to link e.g. Paris with Mailand with a line on a geographical map to represent e.g. the flow of products form Paris to Mailand?

If this is possible, then what is needed to do upfront or to produce such a geomap?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-17-2014 04:37 AM
Super User

All Replies
Grand Advisor

Re: Geomap - link different cities/countries

Proc Gmap would do this. You would need a map data set for boundaries and coordinates of the points of interest, preferrably in the same coordinate system. Then use an annotate data set to draw a line of the desired characteristics between the given point pairs.

This page http://support.sas.com/kb/24/897.html shows an example of how to plot cities on a map using United States data and connect them with lines and label a value.

SAS Employee

Hi Markus,

What version of VA are you running?

In the newest version of VA we allow a network diagram to sit on a geo map which would give you want you want I believe.

Regards,

Justin

Occasional Contributor

Hi Justin,

we are on a 6.3 Version.

Thank you

Regards,

Markus

SAS Employee

Here is an example combining network analysis can be combined with network visualization over maps in the SAS Visual Analytics Explorer.

We will be discussing this at the SAS Global Forum 2014 in Washington D.C.

states_migration_brushing.png

Occasional Contributor

Great, that is exactly what I'm looking for. Is there any chance to get a kind of manual on how to do that. What needs to be done in the backend and what needs to be done in the frontend?

Unfortunatley I'm located in Europe and have no chance to attend the SAS Global Forum, unless there is a kind of webinar to follow this subject.

Solution
‎03-17-2014 04:37 AM
Super User

SAS Employee

Just beat me to it! :-)

Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 in conversation