BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
guiramos
Obsidian | Level 7

How to order the rows in a cross tab within Viya when the rows have several columns and we want that the user may order freely by any? This can be done easily in a List tab, but in a cross tab I can only let the user order by the first column. The rest of the columns are nested within the first instead of letting that each can order independently of the other. Here is one of our examples: https://biep.miportal.gob.ar/apps/reporte/rcpd/index8.html

Thank you!

Guillermo E. Ramos

6 REPLIES 6
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You should be able to sort on any level of the hierarchy. Here I have the choice to sort on Model

Madelyn_SAS_0-1645118760189.png

guiramos
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes Madelyn, thank you for considering my question.

I thinked that I would be able to elect any level of the hierarchy, but in my example that is not functioning. When I elect a secondary, a tertiary level, etc. .. it always is sorted within the previous levels, instead of being sorted without reference to that levels. You can verify this problem in my example: https://biep.miportal.gob.ar/apps/reporte/rcpd/index8.html

I don't know how to make a level independent of those that precede it for sorting...

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It looks like there is a one-to-one correlation between the values at each level. So, each value in Level1 has a single associated value in Level2 and each value in Level2 has a single associated value in Level3. If you could sort, for example, Level3, the values would no longer match the corresponding values in Level2 or Level1. I don't think individual sorts are going to be possible in this configuration. 

guiramos
Obsidian | Level 7

No Madelyn. While the first and second levels are directly interelated between them, there is a relationship of one to two or more. The first levels is a code for each public organism and the second es the name of this organisms that may have changed on time. The third level is a clasification level of kind of public organism and it has with the firth and second levelsa relationship one to several. 

acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In my understanding it behaves correctly. 

You can resolve it by placing from left to right in ascending cardinality. 

That does not solve the within order restriction, but I say again that for my understanding it does what I expect it to do. 

Nevertheless there's a trick you can apply. 

Load a dummy data set

create customized groups

use them for the user's selection in an object like button bar

add a parameter to it

use this parameter for an "if-then variable selection" variable 

pic4.pngpic3.pngpic2.pngpic1.png

guiramos
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you Acordes, but your trick requires that the reports has its columns reordered each time, to reorder its rows. However I did not found in the documentation that there is an obligatory "within order restriction". Did you found it?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation