BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TedStolarczyk
SAS Employee

Updated 9/26/17 ... webinar recording and Q&A now appended September session along with June session together.

It's now available here.

Updated 9/18/17 ... A repeat live version of this webinar will be presented this Friday 9/22 ... registration for it can be found here.

Updated 6/12/17 ... webinar recording and Q&A now available here.

And @MichelleHomes, you'll be happy to know that I covered custom GeoMaps new feature more than I originally thought I would (towards end of webinar recording) ... ha ha hee hee Smiley Wink

[original post below]

Hi SAS Visual Analytics Community,

I’m presenting a live “Ask the Expert” webinar on Friday, June 9th, from 1 - 2 p.m. ET on What’s New with SAS® Visual Analytics™ 7.4. I hope you’ll join me. I plan to highlight the five key release themes:

1. HTML5 (Modern) Viewer
  2. Dynamic Text
  3. Calculations & Aggregations
  4. Prompts & Parameters
  5. Print to PDF

I’ll also cover some miscellaneous/other topics.

To attend this live webinar on June 9th, please register here.

This webinar is geared for SAS® Visual Analytics™ 7.3 customers.  If you are currently running a release older than 7.3, please view this recording ahead of time.

The SAS® Visual Analytics™ 8.1 (for SAS® Viya™) “Ask the Expert” live webinar is currently scheduled to take place on Monday, August 14th (different presenter).

SAS® Visual Analytics™ 7.4 is the latest release of Visual Analytics that runs on top of SAS® 9.4 Maintenance Release 4.

Are there any other specific questions or comments you’d like covered? Let me know by responding to this thread.  If I don’t get to them during the live event, they will be addressed in the follow-up Q/A resource made available.

Be sure to subscribe to the Ask the Expert Community Library to receive follow up Q/A, slides and other related resources from the webinar. From the Ask the Expert Library, just click Subscribe from the orange bar underneath the list of the recent articles.

Can't join the live event? You can view this and other Ask the Experts sessions on-demand here.

5 REPLIES 5
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Looks like a great webinar planned!

On the 10th May, @GertNissen facilitated a SAS Nordic FANS webinar on the new releases of SAS Visual Analytics 7.4 and 8.1 that was informative that people may want to see too https://communities.sas.com/t5/Nordic-Events-and-Presentations/FANS-Webinar-10-May-2017-New-Versions...

Ted, will you also be covering custom maps - this tends to be a popular topic of interest?

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
TedStolarczyk
SAS Employee

Hi Michelle:

I promise to cover Custom Maps at least at a high level.

The instructions require (among other things), re-starting your SAS VA Web/Mid tier services.

Having a live audience wait and watch me do that might not be ideal during a 1 hour public webinar.

😉

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks @TedStolarczyk - understand with the webinar format and time limit that this can only be covered at a high level. Good idea to share a link to the instructions.

Looking forward to it!

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
AndrewHowell

Ted,

The seminar looks brilliant, but 3am-4am Sat morning (Australian time) might be a bit of a stretch.. but I'll definitely watch the recording..

Regards,

Andrew.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks @TedStolarczyk for sharing the recording. I look forward to watching it - I wasn't able to see it live due to SAS Forum travels in Europe. Thanks for letting me know about your coverage on custom geomaps too... I'll check it out soon. 👍

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 3 in conversation