Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Free SQL code?

New Contributor

Free SQL code?

Hi,

I am trying to use SQL code in VA6.3, something more complex like select A.field1 from (select .. from mytable as A...)  ? The "prepare data" tab allows me to use that SQL wizard. I may view the underlying proc sql, but I'm not allowed to change... very frustrating.

Do you know a workaround in VA  (or am I supposed to use MS SQL Server ...again) ?

thanks

wz

Super User

Re: Free SQL code?

Don't you have a code window in VA?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
New Contributor

Hi Kurt, I do have one, but it is read-only, even for Admins (see screenshot).Unbenannt.jpg

Super User

That looks like the code preview of the SQL wizard. I meant a dedicated code window to enter any SAS code, like the program editor in Base SAS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super User

Did you try to unlock the window as described in SAS(R) Visual Analytics 6.3: User's Guide?

New Contributor

LOL no ! Thanks for solving this issue Kurt !

Nobody in this company saw that tiny icon so far.... :-) I'am going to tell the others about it.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation