BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
gcarvalho
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I'm building a report and I'm need to have a text input field to filter this report by Customer ID, so the user will go to that report and type the customer ID and see the orders under this Customer, but when I put the the Customer ID role into the object, it says that is too much information. Is there any other way to get the user input and filter the report?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gcarvalho
Obsidian | Level 7

After some tries and research I just find out that I should use a parameter instead of a category in the "text input" object (the category would load all the information and will make possible to autocomplete the value that a user is typing, which I didn't need), so here is the solution in case someone find it useful.

1- Create a Parameter from the information you want to use to filter (in my case it was the customer ID)

2- Select the Text Input object and in the "Role" tab add the parameter created as the parameter to the object 

3- Select the the Table and in the "Filter" tab add an Advanced Filter.

4- In the filter select the condition which you want to filter the information typed in the "Text Input", in my case I used function "Contains".

5- In the first field of the Contains put the information that you want to be filtered in your table, in the second put the parameter that you created to the Text Input object.

Basically you are telling to your table to show only what contains the information that the user typed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
gcarvalho
Obsidian | Level 7

After some tries and research I just find out that I should use a parameter instead of a category in the "text input" object (the category would load all the information and will make possible to autocomplete the value that a user is typing, which I didn't need), so here is the solution in case someone find it useful.

1- Create a Parameter from the information you want to use to filter (in my case it was the customer ID)

2- Select the Text Input object and in the "Role" tab add the parameter created as the parameter to the object 

3- Select the the Table and in the "Filter" tab add an Advanced Filter.

4- In the filter select the condition which you want to filter the information typed in the "Text Input", in my case I used function "Contains".

5- In the first field of the Contains put the information that you want to be filtered in your table, in the second put the parameter that you created to the Text Input object.

Basically you are telling to your table to show only what contains the information that the user typed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 1 in conversation