BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sat_lr
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

The objective is to filter dates that are recorded after first transaction.

for ex. 1st Transaction taken place on 25 Jan 2014, 2nd on 14 March 2014 and 3rd on 16 June 2014.

Now I want to filter out dates only for 2nd and 3rd. Is it possible to perform this on SAS VA in designer level?

satlr

3 REPLIES 3
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Satlr,

Here again I would advice you to add a variable to you data source being the transaction sequence by item.

This way the first transaction sequence is labeled 1 and the second 2 etc.

Now you can just filter on the transaction sequence number.

I do not see a simple solution within SAS VA, but maybe someone else has an idea.

Greetings,  Peter

sat_lr
Calcite | Level 5

Peter, can I perform the above steps in VA Designer?

May be I will try sorting as well.

Thanks.

satlr

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi satlr,

If the transaction sequence number is in the data, you can do it in the designer or even in the prepare data step.  (Just filter seq=1 out)

If the transaction sequence number is not already in the data, I have no clue how to solve this. (Maybe someone else....)

Greetings,  Peter

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation