Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Filter visualization on mean value

Contributor

Filter visualization on mean value

Hello everyone,

I have a dataset of this kind

IDvalue

and, choosing avg as aggregation in a crosstab I have something like this as you know

IDAVG value

this is plotted in a line chart.

I want to add a button bar to filter outliers where that calculated average is ge 4 or le 1 (showing only ID 1 in this sample).

Also, is it possible to do the same thing filtering values only when they are ge than the mean of avg values + 3 * their standard deviations?

(In this case mean(avg1 avg4) + 3*sd(avg1 avg4) )

I'm pretty new with sas va.

Thanks to everyone who will help.

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Filter visualization on mean value

Hello,

Unfortunately you cannot apply post-aggregation filters to visualizations in the data explorer.

In the report designer you can apply post-aggregation filters to many report objects, but crosstabs do not support post-aggregation filters.

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/67500/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0989k7vl59ugbn1183c...

Hopefully we can support aggregated filters against crosstabs in a future release.

For the second part of your question, if I understand correctly, you want to apply nested aggregations in a filter expression (average of the average values, stddev of average values.) I don't think this is possible in our expression builder, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Sam

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation