BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi,

My goal is to make a VA (7.3 / soon 7.4) report with a box plot that honors filters.  Since report designger can't make box plots, I tried making the box plot in data explorer, exporting it as a report object, then importing it.

The good news is the box plot comes in well, and the little slider that is part of the plot object still works, so users can use that to filter / zoom the x-axis.  But other than that slider, none of the filters defined in the visualization make it to the report.  And once in the report, I can't add a filter.  Is there any way to make a filterable box plot in a report?  Could using a parameter rather than a filter help? 

It seems like I'm out of luck.  Maybe when you export and import a visualzation, the only thing that is imported is the data for that object.

Any other suggestions for working around the lack of a box-plot in reports? 

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Quentin

I wasn't aware the filtering didn't export with the object.  The most obvious thing you can do is filter the underlying dataset but I realize this may mean you have to create a secondary data set.

In SAS VA 8.1 - the explorer and designer are combined so this won't be an issue.    (Not really a better answer for you right now) 

🙂

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Quentin

I wasn't aware the filtering didn't export with the object.  The most obvious thing you can do is filter the underlying dataset but I realize this may mean you have to create a secondary data set.

In SAS VA 8.1 - the explorer and designer are combined so this won't be an issue.    (Not really a better answer for you right now) 

🙂

Tricia Aanderud

Quentin
Super User

Thanks @TriciaAanderud.  Yes, as I was reading your excellent VA book https://www.sas.com/store/books/categories/usage-and-reference/an-introduction-to-sas-visual-analyti..., I was thrilled to read that the explorer and designer were combined in 8.1.  Hopefully we'll get to 8.1 before too long. : )

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I'm sure it's only because of the excellent help we get from the SAS community.

Thanks for noticing our humble book.

Tricia Aanderud

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation