BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DrTwoLittle
Fluorite | Level 6

In working with Visual Analytics I found a minor bug that if your object depends on a filter of a custom category, SAS will turn off the ability to export the details for that object. You will still be able to export the formatted report, but the detail checkbox will disappear.

It can be easy to work around in that you can make the filter depend on the base Category and everything will work again, but it can be hard to trouble shoot.

This was in SAS 7.4

1 REPLY 1
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I have not been able to reproduce this issue with a bar chart, a drop-down list, and a custom category. Can you provide the exact steps you are taking, including the control type and object type.

In my case, I used the SASHELP.CLASS table. I created a custom category on the Sex column and assigned it to a drop-down list.

I added a bar chart with Name and Age. I created an interaction to filter the bar chart by the drop-down list. I still see the Export Detail option when the bar chart is filtered.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation