Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Executing a VA Report from an Application

New Contributor

Executing a VA Report from an Application

Is it possible to :

1. create a link in another application or html page that runs a specific VA report

2. If  this is possible can parameters be added to the VA report to open the report showing specific information for a location.

For example, information is data entered into a MS SQL database with an application that provides some reporting. What I would like to do is to enable the users of this application to run a VA report only showing a specific geographic boundary (City) that relates to the user rather than just opening the VA report and then having the user select the specific geographic boundary (City) from a drop-down.

Peter

Super User

Re: Executing a VA Report from an Application

Hi Peter,

FYI, there was a similar discussion about this at

You can get the base report URL by going to File -> Email and potentially you could achieve what you are trying to do with a user-specific geographic boundary with Conditional Grants as I wrote about at Conditional Grants in SAS Visual Analytics I would suggest setting up groups though and have the conditional grant for the group.

For an example on the base report URL, below is the email that I get when I select File -> Email.

------------------------------

Modified by: Michelle Homes

Date Modified: Monday, 3 February 2014 09:24:57

If you are unable to access this report by clicking the image, copy and paste the following web address into your web browser.
http://hostname.example.com:7980/SASVisualAnalytics/report?location=%2FVAERS%2FReports%2FVA%2FVaccin...

------------------------------

With regards to the approach you want to do, I wasn't able to find in the VA documentation any information about this. Perhaps someone from SAS can advise if there is documentation on the structure of the URL, name/value pairs that are possible (example type=Report.BI, section=??? etc) and if it is possible to include custom parameters to specific report object components etc.

Cheers,

Michelle

Super User

Hi SAS VA community & SAS staff,

I wanted to follow up on this discussion to see whether it is possible to have a SAS Visual Analytics report within an IFRAME and have parameters passed to it. In my above post I mentioned that when you select File -> Email in the email you get a URL, http://hostname.example.com:7980/SASVisualAnalytics/report?location=%2FVAERS%2FReports%2FVA%2FVaccin... It is clear that name=location, name=type, name=section are possible. What are other valid parameters and possible values? Are these documented, if so, where? And can the name/value pairs be extended to parameters that are used in section prompts too so a VA report can be used in an IFRAME as mentioned is possible with VA 6.3 and 6.4 at https://communities.sas.com/ideas/1506 ?

This may be of interest to others in the community and if anyone else has done this, please share your experiences...

Thanks,

Michelle

Contributor

Hi Michelle,

some time ago i built a simple web application with an iframe.

Something like this :

<iframe id="myFrame" style="width: 75%; height: 80%; border-width: 1px;" src="http://hostname/SASVisualAnalyticsViewer/VisualAnalyticsViewer_guest.jsp?appSwitcherDisabled=true&re...">

It is the same solution like SAS make it Risk and Capital Management Demo | SAS&reg; Visual Analytics

I only found this documented parameters

SAS(R) Visual Analytics 6.4: User's Guide

But i think you already know this.

For my application i am searching for a parameter to directly set prompts/filters within the url.  (?promptName=2014)

So maybe somebody know more Smiley Happy

kind regards

Marius

Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation