BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
megha_singh89
Calcite | Level 5

Issue SAS.PNG

Hi,

I am facing this issue frequently. I don't know why.

I am changing the data type of a column in the column editor (making it character) and changing the format aslo.

Even then, there are errors.

Megha.

4 REPLIES 4
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Can we see your SAS code? Can we see a larger portion of the SASLOG so we can see exactly what portions of the code this error refers to? Can you provide a relevant portion (not the entire data set) of the actual data used? And what is that table you showed a screen capture of (and what are those two columns in that table)?

--
Paige Miller
Lorrie_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Megha,

From what part of VA are you trying to make this change? It sounds like you are using the data builder (data preparation), but just wanted to be sure before giving advice.

Best regards,

Lorrie 

megha_singh89
Calcite | Level 5

Yes I'm using the data preparation tab.

The steps that I'm following are:

1. I imported a table.

2. I selected all the required fields. 

3. Then in the Column Editor tab, I noticed one of the fields was of a different data type. It should have been Character instead. 

I changed the data type and the format here in the column editor tab itself.

But when I ran the script, It is returning errors.

saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

Are you making sure the source file itself has it in character format? That may save you some trouble. Sometimes you can copy the existing variable and make the necessary changes on the new one. 

I get the error while trying to create a new variable with an incorrect function/format (put vs input and appropriate format).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation