BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ChristineL
Calcite | Level 5

Has anyone encountered the following error message:

Cause: Unexpected second use of a unique name: bi3  (Reason : Report Cannot Be Read) :: java.io.IOException:
Error occurred during attempt to read a report from input stream.

Whatever the issue is the result is a report which fails to open ( and a lot of work that needs to be reconstructed).

We think an attempt to create an interaction between two data sources might have started the problem. ( I know VA does not like that - now) however it should not have resulted in a failure of the whole report, perhaps a failure of the interaction link or even a grey out of the options.

If there is anyway to clear this error short of loosing the work  - I would be forever grateful

Christine

2 REPLIES 2
skillman
SAS Employee

I have seen this when importing objects from existing reports into my current report. It appears to be caught up in the XML of two objects both containing the same underlying name (bi3). Our administrators have gone into the report XML and made modifications there to resolve this, but I do not think it is a widely accepted or supported practice.

Do you have backups of the report?

-shawn

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

This error can occur for several different reasons. Some are explained in this SAS Note: 54676 - "Unexpected second use of a unique name" error might appear when you open a SAS® Visual Anal...

When it occurs, you should contact SAS Technical Support for assistance. Even without knowing the exact cause, SAS Technical Support can usually repair the report for you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation