BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
GS10
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Can someone answer my question, can we use each different data source for each different section in one report ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

After you have chosen your first data source, you add additional data sources by clicking the Add Data Source button on the Data tab. This opens the Add Data Source window. Select the data source that you want, and then click Add. Then, you switch between the data sources using the data source drop-down list at the top of the Data tab.

See Add a Data Source to a Report (step 4), in the SAS Visual Analytics User's Guide:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/69957/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1wu8wfn7fpirfn1gsmmi...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, in fact, you can use more than one data source within a single section.

GS10
Fluorite | Level 6

How is that possible ? If yes, please let me know how and the steps.

Thanks!

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

After you have chosen your first data source, you add additional data sources by clicking the Add Data Source button on the Data tab. This opens the Add Data Source window. Select the data source that you want, and then click Add. Then, you switch between the data sources using the data source drop-down list at the top of the Data tab.

See Add a Data Source to a Report (step 4), in the SAS Visual Analytics User's Guide:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/69957/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1wu8wfn7fpirfn1gsmmi...

GS10
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you! I tried it and its working.

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

I'm glad you found some useful info, GS10! If one of the replies was the exact solution to your problem, can you "Accept it as a solution"? Or if one was particularly helpful, feel free to "Like" it. This will help other community members who may run into the same issue know what worked.

Thanks!
Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

GS10
Fluorite | Level 6

Sure Anna, I ll be doing it from now. Can you help me learning the sas Va visulization as well, as I m good with report designing. Now, I want to learn exploration for SAS VA certification.

Thanks,

Gulshan

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Thanks GS10! I actually marked Madelyn's answer as the solution - I think you accidentally marked your own reply that "it worked" as the solution.

RE: your other question. I suggest opening up a new message with your specific question for the community to answer. There are tons of VA experts here to help. Be sure to be as clear and specific as possible with what you're looking for. Cite examples, show sample data, that sort of thing. A detailed headline and what version you're using is also key. The headline for this thread is great.

Many thanks and best of luck!

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation