Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

ERROR: Failed to load the SAS LASR Analytic Server access extension in the distributed computing env

Occasional Contributor

ERROR: Failed to load the SAS LASR Analytic Server access extension in the distributed computing env

Hi All,

We are getting below error for scheduled Job in SAS VA.

ERROR: Failed to load the SAS LASR Analytic Server access extension in the distributed computing environment.
ERROR: The server-side process that communicates with the LASR Analytic Server could not be established.

When we run the same query with play button in SAS VA Hub page it is running successfully.

Someone please suggest how to solve this issue.

Thanks.

SAS Super FREQ

Re: ERROR: Failed to load the SAS LASR Analytic Server access extension in the distributed computing

Posted in reply to naveenreddyj

@naveenreddyj,

Have you specified GRIDHOST, GRIDINSTALLLOC, and GRIDRSHCOMMAND globally? I suggest you to do that, especially GRIDRSHCOMMAND. Example of setting GRIDRSHCOMMAND with an OPTIONS statement in SAS code:

options set=GRIDRSHCOMMAND="/usr/bin/ssh -q -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no";

Example of setting GRIDRSHCOMMAND in SASFoundation/9.4/sasv9_local.cfg (useful for applying the variable globally and for environments where SAS code is auto-generated, such as SAS Visual Analytics):

-SET GRIDRSHCOMMAND "/usr/bin/ssh -q -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no"
Occasional Contributor

Re: ERROR: Failed to load the SAS LASR Analytic Server access extension in the distributed computing

[ Edited ]

@alexal

Thank you for your inputs.

I have included the options set=GRIDRSHCOMMAND="/usr/bin/ssh -q -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no";
given statement in our query. Now we are not getting error but the query is not getting executed completely. It stops execution after some part of the query without any error. But sometimes it is running completely without any error.

SAS Super FREQ

@naveenreddyj,

What is the current value for MaxStartups on your TKGrid nodes?

sudo grep -i maxstartups /etc/ssh/sshd_config

Occasional Contributor

# grep -i maxstartups /etc/ssh/sshd_config
#MaxStartups 10:30:100
#
SAS Super FREQ

@naveenreddyj,

MaxStartups should be set at least to 1000 on each node of your cluster. Please make sure that you have restarted SSHD as well as LASR servers after making that change.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation