BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pedrammobedi
Quartz | Level 8

I am trying to send an email of one of the reports to myself via SAS VA. When I click on the send button, I get the following error message (picture below):

"E-mail could not be sent because: E-mail service error."

So I started digging a bit. In the following document and found this similar question and followed what Madelyn_SAS has written. The answer seems to be in the following document:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bimtag/66823/PDF/default/bimtag.pdf

I have gone through the instructions in the section SMTP Mail Server and have edited the server.xml file with my SMTP server information. I have also added the SSL option and have performed the 3 steps regarding SAS Management Console at the end of that session. But I keep getting the same error.

My question is: Does anything have to be restarted? Or would it suffice just to edit the file?

Is there any log in which I can see why this sending fails?

Capture.PNG

10 REPLIES 10
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Here are some thoughts:

• Make sure you edit the server.xml for each SAS Web Application Server (e.g., SASServer1_1, SASServer12_1, SASServer2_1)
  • Restart the web application servers after making the change.
  • Look in the SAS Visual Analytics Designer log and see if there is any additional information captured at the time that you got the email error. /SAS-config-dir/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServerX_Y/SASVisualAnalyticsDesigner7.x.log
pedrammobedi
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks Madelyn, I really like it when experts give detailed instructions instead of general jibber-jabber. I found the log file you told me to. Here is the latest entry in that. I think it has something to do with SSL.

[DESIGNER ] ERROR [tomcat-http--27] 2016-05-24 09:38:12,027 [ST-2-kZXSYrZYG2l1eFtc4fjk-cas:K_pedmob] com.sas.mobiledesigner.api.services.email.impl.EmailServiceImpl - Mail server connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: 192.168.27.12, port: 25;
nested exception is:
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?. Failed messages: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: 192.168.27.12, port: 25;
nested exception is:
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The following log might have a more specific message. Look for a timestamp around 2016-05-24 09:38

• /SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServer1_1/SASPrincipalServices9.4.log

You also might want to consider opening a Technical Support track.

http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

Select SAS Visual Analytics as the Product and include the following:

• all of your server.xml files
  • the SASPrincipalServices log
  • the SASVisualAnalyticsDesigner log

thiagoglima
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @pedrammobedi

Do you got solve it? I'm facing the same issue and I can't realize how to solve this problem.

My file.log is just the same as yours.

Best regards.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you been through the instructions above?

thiagoglima
Obsidian | Level 7

@SASKiwi

Yes.I tried:

• edit the server.xml
  • edit e-mail host through Management Console
  • restart the servers
thiagoglima
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I got the solution to my problem. In my case, I just removed the ssl protocol from my server.xml!

I erased this fragment: mail.smtp.ssl.enable="true"

Best regards.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Great. Can you mark your post as answered then?

thiagoglima
Obsidian | Level 7
I can't because the post isn't mine. Belongs to @pedrammobedi.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@thiagoglima - another good reason for not adding your post to others then Smiley Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation