02-15-2017 10:37 AM
I have 3 filters in following hierarchy: Country > City > Town and my graph is connected to the lowest level ie. Town.
Now requirement is that if:
1) Country is selected - Graph should display only one line (aggregated value)
2) City is selected - Graph should show two lines - one for country and one for city
3) Town is selected - Graph should show two lines - one for city and one for town
Can you please suggets me how to achieve this.
Thanks in advance!
02-15-2017 11:27 AM
The approach I have used to achieve something like that with Web Report Studio & OLAP Cubes was,
- Calculate/Create Country aggregate for all numeric measures/variables and them to Town level data table
- Calculate/Create City aggregate for all numeric measure/variables and join them with Town level data table
Basically you end up with three sets of all the numeric measures/variables
Use differenet stats for these sets of variables
- Country & City level aggregates ---> Use Mean/Average in order to show a "constant" Parent value
- Town ---> Use Sum
In terms of selective display of variables based on Filter selection, you'll have to see if any of the techniques listed in this blog Use parameters to pick your metric in Visual Analytics Reports can help.
02-17-2017 04:05 AM
Thank you for your reply. I am using SAS Visual analytics and the suggested work around does not work for me.
I am looking for a way with parameters or transpose table to achieve this. If get succesful will post the solution here.