Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Dynamic Value on Reference Line

Contributor

Dynamic Value on Reference Line

I have a bar chart with three clusters: District Avg, School Avg, and Student Avg. I then group by (using lattice columns) School Year, and Grade. I need a reference line that is dynamic because the Proficient Level changes from grade to grade.

Any ideas? 

(I have attached a picture of what I would like the graph to look like when I'm done.)

Dynamic Reference Lines.jpg
Regular Contributor

Re: Dynamic Value on Reference Line

Add it to the data Smiley Happy

BR

Fredrik

Contributor

I do have it in my data. The question is how to add a value to the graph when the value changes based on grade level since the reference line only allows a numeric value and not a variable value.
Regular Contributor

Hm, maybe I don't follow you here Smiley Happy

My thought was to add a meassure with your reference, and that it has different values depending on dimesnsion etc.

Then use a bar/line chart with the reference as the line, but that is maybe not what you want or isn't achievable that way?

BR

Fredrik

Contributor

A "Bar Chart" object does not allow for a target, only a reference line, and reference lines are not dynamic, they cannot be set to a Measure.

A "Targeted Bar Chart" does not allow for multiple Measures, so I cannot group the student, school, teacher and district results in one graph.
New Contributor

You should create a custom graph with Graph builder that will be combination of a bar chart and a line chart.

Contributor

Posted in reply to VROUSSAKIS

I tried, but was unsuccesful. Can you walk me through creating a custom graph to do this?

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation