BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rgreen33
Pyrite | Level 9

I am new to SAS and just getting started with VA.  When building a dashboard, I want to place a drop-down list in my "report prompt" section.  This drop-down list will be linked to a "List of Values" data source (a table that I have in LASR from Oracle).  This "List of Values" contains fields for Description and Code.  I would like to display the Description in the drop-down list, but let the Code be used for my actual filtering, as I the data source for my main table (which will be filtered by the drop-down) contains only the Code.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Ricky

2 REPLIES 2
rogerjdeangelis
Barite | Level 11

If the table from Oracle is realtively small <1TB you might want to looka at

1. proc pmenu

2. proc fsedit

3. window

4. %window

In addition thare are some nice open source 'windowing' R and Python tools that can interface with SAS

rgreen33
Pyrite | Level 9

So, is this not possible from within the GUI interface of Visual Analytics Designer?  I'm not sure that my users will understand SAS coding for a while.

Thanks,

Ricky

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation