Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Displaying checkbox selections

Contributor

Displaying checkbox selections

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a way in SAS Visual Analytics (Report designer) to display in a object only what is selected in a checkbox list?

Thanks.

LF

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Displaying checkbox selections

To have a list control filter an object, you can select View > Interactions and drag a line from the list control to the object, or you can select the list control, click the Interactions tab on the right, and click New to define the interaction.

Contributor

Posted in reply to Madelyn_SAS

Hi Madelyn_SAS,

Thanks for your answer.

I know that. However, I'd like to have an object that shows exactly what is selected. I mean, if I check "North", "Center" and "South", I'd like to see "North", "Center" and "South" in a box/object. It is just to display what I've selected: If my ckeckbox is inside a parameter container, I can't really see directly what I've selected.

F15

SAS Employee

I created this sample that is similar to what you want:  http://support.sas.com/kb/59/907.html

Keith M.

SAS Employee

If you have VA 7.4 then the you can take advantage of a prompt of type Character List.  Thus, if you have a multi select prompt, the parameter can capture all of the values that are selected.  You can then add a Text Object to your report and simply put the cursor where you want the parameter value and add the parameter on the roles tab of the text object.  See below.

Character list.JPGparameter.JPG

Contributor

Hi KeithM,

Thanks for your answer. I forgot to mention but I don't have VA 7.4, only 7.3. So, I'm afraid that solution does not work with 7.3, am I right?

Anyway, that is exactly what I need. I just have one doubt. Don't you have to assign the Make parameter to your checkbox list? I'm asking it because that is not possible in VA 7.3 (I mean, assigning parameters to checkboxes).

Thanks,

F15

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation