BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pradeepalankar
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I want to display "X" in the cell at the crosssection of crosstab report, by default it is showing frequency number as 1. instead of this frequency i want to display "X" at crosssection.

current situation:

X/Yabc
aa1
bb 1
cc 1
dd

desired output:

X/Yabc
aaX
bb X
cc X
dd
4 REPLIES 4
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

The output you are seeing is the expected behavior of a crosstab report object. Without a measure data item in a crosstab, the cells represent the frequency of the X/Y combination. If you are wanting to see an X instead, I would suggest implementing a workaround by having a measure in the crosstab and define a SAS user-defined format on the measure such that values greater than 0 are a 'X' and values less than or equal to 0 are ' ' (a blank).

You can create a SAS user-defined format using PROC FORMAT as described at Base SAS(R) 9.4 Procedures Guide, Third Edition - PROC FORMAT and information on how to set up your VA environment to use SAS user-defined formats can be found at SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.1: User's Guide - Work with User-Defined Formats

Let us know how you go.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Pradeep,

Instead of measure values you cant show X.....,  you can show any numeric value like 0, 2, 3....., In VA Environment.

Thanks,

Teja surapaneni.

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi there,

please consider while working in "Visual" analytics to use some colors.

If you assign colors for the "X" and non "X", that really catches the eye.

You can still choose to hide the value's assinging the same color.

03-03-2015 06-37-15.png

Greetings and succes.

Peter

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Good point Peter!

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation