BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
max00d
Obsidian | Level 7

This seems to be a pretty reasonable thing to want to do.  However, I unable to display the percentages of each part of the stacked bar chart.  The option to display values only shows 100% at the top of the chart.  I have been searching everywhere for how to do this but I can see that 100% stacked charts are a new feature in 7.1 (the version I am using) - so perhaps this specific feature is not available? 

Is is possible to display these values?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi,

Have you checked the "show data labels" check box on the Properties tab for the bar chart and set the Grouping Scale option to "Normalize groups to 100%" as per the screenshot at the bottom of the thread - ?

The option becomes enabled if a data item is assigned to the Group role or if multiple measures are assigned to the Measures role.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
max00d
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for reply.  I can create the stack bar charts - what I cant do is set the individual percentages on the chart.  When I select 'Show data labels' I get this:

Clipboard_2015-02-19_10-54-06.png

It seems odd that there isn't an options to label the percentage each member of a group is contributing to this 100%.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks for the screenshot. Such a shame that the show data labels is only for the top of the bar not the segments within in and you need to hover over to get the values via a tooltip.

It does appear the feature you're after is missing. :smileyplain:

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation