BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
filippo_kow
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi guys,

I am new VA user and I have some basic question for which I didn't find an answer in documentation/google. I hope someone could help me here 🙂

1. I my report I have a drop-down list with a parameter that is used for filtering data in listing. It means that I have a listing with DATE column, and a drop down list in which I can filter that DATE. And in this drop-down list there is 'Clear filter' option. Actually I would like to hide/delete this 'Clear filter' option so that only filtered data should be shown on a listing - I don't want to show all data, but only filtered. And here comes my question - is it possilbe to delete this 'Clear filter' option?

2. In this drop-down list that I mentioned in the first point, can I use default value of parameter? For example in this list I have the following dates:

'2022-01'

'2022-02'

'2022-03'

and when I open the report, I would like to set the latest available date (in this case '2022-03') as a default value. The question is: can I do that?  

3. In my report I have this drop-down list, listing table and multidimentional table. I know that I can export listing table or multidimentional table into excel file separately, but I would like to export both listing and multidimentional table into one single excel file (something like "export entire page to excel file"). And again: is it possible?  

4. I need to create headline of report. I have a table with values for headline, which looks like this:

name_of_reportdate_of_reportcreated_by
Sample report2022-07-10

Joe Black

Then, I use multidimentional table to present data in the following way:

Name of reportSample report
Date of report2022-07-10
Created byJoe Black

(I put name_of_report, date_of_report and created_by into "Columns" of that multidimensional table). But unfortunately it looks that I need to add some measure (like counts), because when I delete that measure the table looks like 'original' table (three columns with values). Is there a way to solve this issue?

Many thanks in advance for any help!!! 🙂

Best regards,

Filip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi @filippo_kow,

Regarding for first question: In the Options pane if the drop-down list is a field "Required" in the section "Drop-Down List". If you mark this, the "clear filter" option will not be shown anymore.

Best Markus

Please keep the community friendly.
Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi @filippo_kow,

Regarding for first question: In the Options pane if the drop-down list is a field "Required" in the section "Drop-Down List". If you mark this, the "clear filter" option will not be shown anymore.

Best Markus

Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

and here the matching image:

Bruehl_0-1658914994155.png

filippo_kow
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Markus,

Thanks a lot - it works great! 🙂
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi @filippo_kow,

Regarding your second question: At least in Visual Analytics 7.5: If you save the report frim the Report Builder with a certain choice in drop down list, the report will open in the report viewer with this particular choice. 

Best Markus

filippo_kow
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi @MarkusWeick,

Thanks! Maybe that would be sufficient for my customer 😉

Best,
Filip
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi @filippo_kow,

just thought, if you reverted the order of the dates you could use the "initially select first item option:

Bruehl_0-1658919962387.png

Best Markus

filippo_kow
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi again @MarkusWeick,

That's really nice option! But unfortunately I don't have such (I have version 8.5.1), but maybe it is somewhere else - I will take a look 🙂
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi @filippo_kow,

the SAS support also function as a database for problems and solutions. Maybe you could post your questions 3 and 4 separately with appropriate titles?

Then the chances for getting solutions also should be higher.

Best

Markus

filippo_kow
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi @MarkusWeick,

Cool, thanks for the info - I will post third and fourth questions in a separate topics 🙂

Best,
Filip

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation