BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MikA
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm seaching a way to create data expressions i Visual Analytics in order to calculate growth rates between dates.

VA version: Visual Analytics Explorer version 7.2

I have enclosed Excel test data.

The growth rates must be calcultated on a base of products (ID's) that show in both quarters. Thus, the calculation between two dates must not be based on newcoming or outgoing products. I'm in need for two different expressions:

1)

How do I calculate the quarterly increase in revenue for products that exist in both quarters?

Example: The quarterly increase on 1. april 2015 for the same product types: A1, A2, A4 & A5 is 6.7 percent

On 1. july the same increase is 1.4 percent.

2)

How do I calculate a grouped quarterly increase in revenue?

Example: The quarterly increase on 1. april 2015 for the same product types within the same group are:

LOW products: 27.3 percent (A2 is the only "LOW" product present in both quarters)

HIGH products: 3.1 percent

3)

How do I create expressions that can calculate the same growth rates 1) and 2) between a flexible startdate and enddate?

Example:

The overall growth rate from July 2015 to January 2016 is: 20.8 percent (Only A2, A5 and A6 are valid basis of the calculation)

The LOW Product growth rate from July 2015 to January 2016 is: 11.5 percent (Only A2 and A6 are valid basis of the calculation)

The HIGH Product growth rate from July 2015 to January 2016 is: 31.8 percent (Only A5 is valid basis of the calculation)

Any VA gurus up for this ? 🙂

Thanks,

Mik

1 REPLY 1
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

This is a difficult problem. I wondered if you could create separate Revenue measures for each product and use RelativePeriod on each of those and sum up the results. This does not seem to work, however.

I'll be curious to see if anyone can come up with a solution.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation