BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Muggy_Piece
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all, 

I have set up brush interactions within a report section between multiple visulisations. So if for example I select a location in one visulisation the other visulisations will display a brushed segment which corresponds with the location i have selected. Lets say one of my other visulisations is a bar chart concerned with profit, I will have a brushed segment of the bars in that chart with the profit that the location I selected is responsible for. 

When i hover over the brushed part of the bar, the profit for the entire bar is displayed rather than the brushed profit which is what I want. 

Does anyone know a way to achieve this functionality? 

Your help would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks & Regards

Andy

1 REPLY 1
RickStyll_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Andy,

I noticed that there are no replies to your question. Just wanted to confirm that there isn't a way to make the data tip values reflect only the brushed segment of a bar, for instance. As you know, the filter interaction reduces the bar to only include values for the selection in the first visualization, so the data tip values for a filtered bar chart would display the value you are interested in. If you have enough screen real estate, perhaps you could consider two target bar charts, one with the brush interaction and the other with the filter interaction.

Rick

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation