Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Data Limits for SAS Visual Analytics Explorer

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor LHC
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Data Limits for SAS Visual Analytics Explorer

Dear SAS Friends ;-)

Do any of you know about SAS interests in increasing the limits of cells (maximum threshold = 26,000,000) in crosstabs in a SAS VA Report?

We have a lot of reports with more than 35,000,000 cells even with filtering data that we are interesting in pregenerated reports. In many cases we loose information if we filtering one level.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Lars  

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-20-2017 09:25 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Data Limits for SAS Visual Analytics Explorer

Hi Lars,

For what it's worth, the data limit for crosstabs in VA 8.1 is slightly higher (50,000 rows versus 40,000 rows in VA Designer 7.3).

I'm not sure how this number of rows limit relates to the number of cells limit in VAE.

Sam

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎04-20-2017 09:25 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Hi Lars,

For what it's worth, the data limit for crosstabs in VA 8.1 is slightly higher (50,000 rows versus 40,000 rows in VA Designer 7.3).

I'm not sure how this number of rows limit relates to the number of cells limit in VAE.

Sam

New Contributor LHC
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your answer. We are right now on SAS VA 7.1, so you are right. We just have to upgrade ;-)

Best Regards  

Lars

SAS Super FREQ

You should talk to technical support if these limits are a big deal for you. I don't think the limits in the Explorer can be changed, but I think the limits for the Designer and Viewer can be adjusted by setting admin properties.
Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation