Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Data Explorations: Only Certain data formats available?

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor ewv
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Data Explorations: Only Certain data formats available?

I have a question about the available data formats within SAS Visual Analytics Data Explorer. When I search for data formats online, I notice that there are many available formats (for instance, I used the format NLADATMYW recently while doing a query). However, within Data Explorer, there seems to be a very limited number of formats available. Am I missing a way to select a from a larger list of data formats (not just for Date variables, but any type of variable)?

SAS VA.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Solution
2 weeks ago
Super User

Re: Data Explorations: Only Certain data formats available?

The data formats available in VA don't necessarily align with large range of SAS formats available outside of VA. Also please note that while you can assign a SAS format to a column being imported into VA, this automatically restricts you to using that column as a category and not a measure.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
2 weeks ago
Super User

The data formats available in VA don't necessarily align with large range of SAS formats available outside of VA. Also please note that while you can assign a SAS format to a column being imported into VA, this automatically restricts you to using that column as a category and not a measure.

Occasional Contributor ewv
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much, this is useful information to know and explains why I couldn't view it as a measure!

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation