Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Customized Data Ranges and Color Gradients

Occasional Contributor

Customized Data Ranges and Color Gradients

I am working on SAS VA 7.2(SAS) , SAS 8.1 (SAS VIYA) & I need to add color gradients to the charts. I saw online & found this link http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/68027/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1m7j9y6bezv98n11fu8j... . But I am not able to change the color by right clicking on the legend bar. Can anyone help me out.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Customized Data Ranges and Color Gradients

I want to use it in Bar chart, line chart but the guide says its possible only in 

Super User

If those are the only visualisations listed in the documentation then I would say it is not possible with bar charts. I'm not sure colour gradients would work very well with a bar chart anyway - you really need a lot of graphic elements, like in a geo map, or a large surface area like a heat map to make sense of any gradient.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply @SASKiwi. In my past experience with working on other tools like Qlik, where gradient coloring with charts like bar chat was good. So I want to leverage with SAS VA, it helps in showing the variance & it was appealing too. 

Super User

@sashokku - Please feel free to raise this as a SASware Ballot idea in that case.

Occasional Contributor

Sure. I will do it. Thanks for the suggestion @SASKiwi
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation