Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Custom sort not working in SAS Visual Analytics 7.4

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Senior User
Accepted Solution

Custom sort not working in SAS Visual Analytics 7.4

I'm trying to use a custom sort on a bar chart, but for some reason the sort only works if i add another variable as a group.

I've set up the custom sort like this:

sort.PNG

When i use it in a bar chart i get:

sort_graph.PNG

However if i add another variable as a group it sorts properly:

sort_graph2.PNG

What am I missing?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
3 weeks ago
Contributor

Sv: Custom sort not working in SAS Visual Analytics 7.4

In "report designer", on your graph, you need to tell it how to sort.

I haven't tried this in 7.4, but this has caused frustration for me in 7.3, so my guess is, it's the same you need to do.

What I do, is press the name of the variable on the graph, select sort and then select ascending/descending.

In your case, you should click on the name "Alder 10-årsklasser" just below you barchart, then a menu should pop up allowing you to select sort -> ascending/descending. It should sort using the custom sort you have made.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
3 weeks ago
Contributor

Sv: Custom sort not working in SAS Visual Analytics 7.4

In "report designer", on your graph, you need to tell it how to sort.

I haven't tried this in 7.4, but this has caused frustration for me in 7.3, so my guess is, it's the same you need to do.

What I do, is press the name of the variable on the graph, select sort and then select ascending/descending.

In your case, you should click on the name "Alder 10-årsklasser" just below you barchart, then a menu should pop up allowing you to select sort -> ascending/descending. It should sort using the custom sort you have made.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation