BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kodit
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm trying to use a custom sort on a bar chart, but for some reason the sort only works if i add another variable as a group.

I've set up the custom sort like this:

sort.PNG

When i use it in a bar chart i get:

sort_graph.PNG

However if i add another variable as a group it sorts properly:

sort_graph2.PNG

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ThomasPalm
Obsidian | Level 7

In "report designer", on your graph, you need to tell it how to sort.

I haven't tried this in 7.4, but this has caused frustration for me in 7.3, so my guess is, it's the same you need to do.

What I do, is press the name of the variable on the graph, select sort and then select ascending/descending.

In your case, you should click on the name "Alder 10-årsklasser" just below you barchart, then a menu should pop up allowing you to select sort -> ascending/descending. It should sort using the custom sort you have made.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ThomasPalm
Obsidian | Level 7

In "report designer", on your graph, you need to tell it how to sort.

I haven't tried this in 7.4, but this has caused frustration for me in 7.3, so my guess is, it's the same you need to do.

What I do, is press the name of the variable on the graph, select sort and then select ascending/descending.

In your case, you should click on the name "Alder 10-årsklasser" just below you barchart, then a menu should pop up allowing you to select sort -> ascending/descending. It should sort using the custom sort you have made.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation