Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Custom Sort in SAS VA 7.3 Not available?

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Custom Sort in SAS VA 7.3 Not available?

Is the custom sort functionality in SAS VA 7.1 still available in SAS VA 7.3? I cant seem to find it in data options. I am trying to sort my months in proper order (i.e. Jan, Feb, Mar), however it is sorting based on alphabetical order. This case could have been addressed by custom sort.  See attached for reference.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachment

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-19-2016 04:08 AM
Super User

Re: Custom Sort in SAS VA 7.3 Not available?

Hi,

A custom sort is still available in SAS VA 7.3. Documented in the SAS Visual Analytics User Guide: For graphs, a custom sort does not work if the data item is assigned to one of the legend data roles (either Color or Group).

With regards to your months not displaying in Month order, this is because you have a text based category data item rather than a date category item. Did you create Month from a date? If so, it is best to use the date data item and change the format to display the date.

Cheers,

Michelle

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎01-19-2016 04:08 AM
Super User

Hi,

A custom sort is still available in SAS VA 7.3. Documented in the SAS Visual Analytics User Guide: For graphs, a custom sort does not work if the data item is assigned to one of the legend data roles (either Color or Group).

With regards to your months not displaying in Month order, this is because you have a text based category data item rather than a date category item. Did you create Month from a date? If so, it is best to use the date data item and change the format to display the date.

Cheers,

Michelle

New Contributor

Thank you for the advice.

Super User

My pleasure.

Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation