BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sidmech2006
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All

I have a stacked bar chart. The x axis categories I have is Week 1, Week 2..Week 9 ..Now when I poulate the measure I get the order based on descending value(Week4, Week 7, Week 8)... I then tried custom sort based on category variable week but even after specifiying the order in custom sort my Graph didnt change in the custom order that I intended which is  Week1, Week 2, Week 3..Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi There,

As you've discovered, the default sort order is based on the descending measure. To override this, you right mouse-click on the x-axis label (it might be blue when selected from memory). You'll see an option to sort it in ascending order which will then be the Week ascending order: Week 1, Week 2 etc as you expect.

Let us know how you go.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
sidmech2006
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for sharing this. I works fine and guess I missed this simple thing 🙂 

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Great to hear that resolved your question. Whilst it is a simple step, it isn't quite obvious unless you have read/seen it. This is covered in the SAS Visual Analytics Fast Track training class as well as many little tricks and tips that you may find useful.

Please mark the thread as solved so others know in future.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation