Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Custom Graph Issues

Super Contributor

Custom Graph Issues

Hi,

I have several issues regarding building and viewing custom graphs -

1. My supervisor created a custom graph and saved it in a public folder. But when I go to report designer, I am not able to open the template to be able to use it. However the "2G reports" are shareable and viewable.

2. I am trying to create a bar-line chart with 2 Y axes and X axes as time. A few issues here -

a) time is at a very granular level of data - daily. I want to able to aggregate it to weekly level and have the X axes say "week of 1/1/2015 - 1/7/2015" ....

b) How do I used shared roles? I need both the line graph and bar chart to have a common measure split by group (say spend and CPV by channel)

c) I would need the multiple line graphs to show the break down and 1 line graph to show the total CPV.

I cannot post any graphs since the size limit is 1K and my graph in zipped format is 52 KB.

Thanks,

saspert

Super Contributor

Re: Custom Graph Issues

fixed most of the issues mentioned here.

SAS Employee

Hey saspert,

What issues are left that you haven't solved yet.

Cheers,

Justin

Super Contributor

Hi Justin,

The more I explore, most of the issues seem to go away over a period of time. I do have a custom field (CPV) that calculates the 'Actual Spend'n/'Vis to BLU'n. When I compare a very simple crosstab report in Data exploration to the original excel spreadsheet, I get this issue -

The cpv value matches at this level of aggregation -

Country Actual Spend Vis to BLU CPV

The cpv value does not match here-

Country Market Actual Spend Vis to BLU CPV

Country Market Week Actual Spend Vis to BLU CPV

Thanks,

saspert

SAS Employee

Saspert,

Have you tried the aggregate calc for the xtab, your CPV is a detailed calc versus in an xtab it grouped.

Without seeing the numbers and the difference I would start there if you haven't already.

Cheers,

Justin

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation