BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Djones4822
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all, I'm fairly sure that what I want isn't inherently possible, but I'm trying to determine a work around.

I have row level transactional data that is updated multiple times per day. There is a certain set of information our administrators have specifically asked for, that are each aggregations at different levels.

The cross tab ideally would have the programs as headers, and thebn each row would be an aggregation level, such as:

Program 1     |     Program 2     |     Program 3 

Total Outstanding Bal     |         

Num Orders                    |

Avg Order Bal                 |

Num Customers             |

Avg Bal per Customer    |

I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the row level data to achieve that. I've thought about producing a table in the backend that simply has 3 columns like this:

Program |              Detail             | Value

------------------------------------------------------

'pgm_x'   | 'Outstanding Balance' | XXXX

But that seems unnecessary. I've tried to use multiple cross tabs (one for each aggregation level), but since you can't hide the headers it looks pretty bad.

Does anyone have a suggestion to achieve this? I've tried searching but I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.

1 REPLY 1
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Is it not possible to use a calculated object that get the value that you want as rows and then a calculated meassure with the actual value?

Can you post some sample data?

BR

Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation