BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
htin
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All!

I'm new SAS VA 9.4, I'm installing sas va distribute 9.4(3 nodes). In processing of installation, everything is OK, but the last configuration steps i have a problem with 'SAS Web Application Server Configuration'. Please see log file and error as attached below.

I didn't understand why!

Please help me to fix them.

Thanks so much.

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @htin.

THis is your error:

Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

Did you modified the ulimits? I believe I mentioned to you on another post to follow the Installation Guide http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaicg/69988/PDF/default/vaicg.pdf page 143, set ulimits

Some other references, but in the end, same story.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikhpmdoptofrsr/64269/PDF/default/sreq.pdf

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/appsrvtuning/69859/PDF/default/appsrvtuning.pdf page 15

htin
Quartz | Level 8

Hi!

Thanks for your answers!

Can i  have a question?

My story is:

" I have installed sas va 9.4 distribute successfully, but in configuration step, i have configed to the last step without error. suddenlly, my computer is restart automatically and i must do configuration step again. When i run './setup.sh -deploy -record -responsefile -/sas94/configsas.txt', i received massage as attached image.

Can i reconfig or re-install sas and then config it...?

Thanks so much!

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @htin,

first: why do you run it with the record parameter? I believe you said you managed to finish OK, therefore, if you run setup with record option, you will just overwrite the current file, and then you will have to repeat every step again.

Second, perhaps -/sas94/configsas.txt location is not available, that is something you may check with your Linux admins. Or you don;t have permissions.

Third, did you had the chance to read the SAS Deployment Wizard Guide I refereed you to in a previous post?

And at last: since you are on linux, you can always just delete your directories where you installed the binaries and deployed the configuration and run the install and config again. As easy as that.

Kind regards,

Juan

htin
Quartz | Level 8

Hi!

Can i ask you a error below in installing step as attached?

Thanks!

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Your drive is full

Static/wars/sas.admapp/js/sas/ltjs/icu/icudt48l/curr/mfe.res (2816 bytes) has been successfully Added
2017-10-24 17:55:45 InstallationTask - Static/wars/sas.admapp/js/sas/hc/ui/commons/messagebundle_zh_CN.properties failed to be Added
2017-10-24 17:55:45 ExtractTask - Error extracting Static/wars/sas.admapp/js/sas/hc/ui/commons/messagebundle_zh_CN.propertiesjava.io.IOException: No space left on device
2017-10-24 17:55:45 Controller - An error occurred during processing:
2017-10-24 17:55:45 Controller - There is a problem with the package being installed: Error extracting content from zip file admappmid_gen.zip
Additional information about the task which threw the exception is shown below:
Extract task: file=>/home/SAS102017/product_data/admappmid__94160__prt__xx__sp0__1/admappmid_gen.xml, source=>gen
2017-10-24 17:55:45 Controller - com.sas.tools.installs.it.InstallException: Error extracting content from zip file admappmid_gen.zip
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.ExtractTask.handleEntryData(ExtractTask.java:559)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.ExtractTask.execute(ExtractTask.java:422)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.Controller.executeScript(Controller.java:2926)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.ExecutionThread.run(ExecutionThread.java:80)
Caused by: com.sas.tools.installs.it.InstallException: Error extracting file entry Static/wars/sas.admapp/js/sas/hc/ui/commons/messagebundle_zh_CN.properties from zip
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.ExtractTask.handleExtraction(ExtractTask.java:681)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.ExtractTask.handleEntryData(ExtractTask.java:536)
... 3 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: No space left on device
at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(FileOutputStream.java:345)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.InstallationTask.streamDataWithNotifications(InstallationTask.java:551)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.ExtractTask.extractEntry(ExtractTask.java:1334)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.ExtractTask.handleExtraction(ExtractTask.java:675)
... 4 more

2017-10-24 17:55:45 Controller - Caused by:
2017-10-24 17:55:45 Controller - Error extracting file entry Static/wars/sas.admapp/js/sas/hc/ui/commons/messagebundle_zh_CN.properties from zip
2017-10-24 17:55:45 Controller - com.sas.tools.installs.it.InstallException: Error extracting file entry Static/wars/sas.admapp/js/sas/hc/ui/commons/messagebundle_zh_CN.properties from zip
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.ExtractTask.handleExtraction(ExtractTask.java:681)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.ExtractTask.handleEntryData(ExtractTask.java:536)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.ExtractTask.execute(ExtractTask.java:422)
at com.sa2017-10-24 17:55:45 EntryData - /sas94/sashome/SASEnvironmentManagerMidTier/2.5/Static/wars/sas.admapp/js/sap/ui/commons/messagebundle_it.properties removed successfully..
2017-10-24 17:55:45 InstallationTask - Static/wars/sas.admapp/js/sap/ui/commons/messagebundle_it.properties have been Removed (6956 bytes) for rollback
2017-10-24 17:55:45 InstallationTask - notifyRollbackProgressComplete notification broadcast:
action: Removed
metaData name: Static/wars/sas.admapp/js/sap/ui/commons/messagebundle_it.properties
bytes: 6956
2017-10-24 17:55:45 EntryData - /sas94/sashome/SASEnvironmentManagerMidTier/2.5/Static/wars/sas.admapp/js/sas/ltjs/icu/icudt48l/sr_Cyrl_CS.res removed successfully..
2017-10-24 17:55:45 InstallationTask - Static/wars/sas.admapp/js/sas/ltjs/icu/icudt48l/sr_Cyrl_CS.res have been Removed (112 bytes) for rollback
2017-10-24 17:55:45 InstallationTask - notifyRollbackProgressComplete notification broadcast:
action: Removed
metaData name: Static/wars/sas.admapp/js/sas/ltjs/icu/icudt48l/sr_Cyrl_CS.res
bytes: 112
2017-10-24 17:55:45 EntryData -

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation