BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
L2Fly
Pyrite | Level 9
Hello and I apologize in advance if this post is not belong to this section and I will be happy to post it into its own group. I want to know if I do have a control on a column type when I load data into lasr. Foe example let's say my table contains an id column, name and address. When I load the table into lasr my id column as the default is set to measure. I know I can go ahead in report or data explore change it to category but every time I try to use it in a new report the default is measure. Is there a way to set it to category at all time? Thanks again
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

One option would be to create an intermediate load table in SAS with the ID column converted then load that into VA. In my experience it is better to get your data organised properly outside of VA before loading rather than to try and "fix" it once it is in VA. This improves performance as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suspect your ID column is numeric. Change it to character and reload it into the LASR server and it will be treated as a category.

L2Fly
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you @SASKiwi, so the only way this will work is for me to change the property of original table column!  it is going to be hard to do that because (for example) I can't change the foreign key of the original table.  Not sure if possible to change the properties in the Metadata library where I register the table from SQL?

thank you again for your info and help.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

One option would be to create an intermediate load table in SAS with the ID column converted then load that into VA. In my experience it is better to get your data organised properly outside of VA before loading rather than to try and "fix" it once it is in VA. This improves performance as well.

L2Fly
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi @SASKiwi, agree with you and again thank you for your time and info.

Best

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation