BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PaulEveleigh
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am trying to choose yesterdays date as the preferred end of period when using the Parallel Period option - I only get the option of Today, Full or a specific date..

Anyone have any idea on how to modify it to show Today - 1 (yesterday)

Many thanks

Pail

Date.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RR28
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Maybe the solution could be creating a new calculated measure "SalesValue1" with "0" value for "Today" date in the past (or other desired [or calculated] date) - using IF .... ELSE.

With this measure even sum with 'Today' should give right result as for 'Yesterday'?

Robert R

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Paul,

You could select yesterday's date with the _ToDate_ option, but you would have to update the hardcoded value each day you view the report.

I don't think it is possible otherwise. I'll let the development team know that users are interested in a "_Yesterday_" option.

Thanks,

Sam

avvy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Paul,

That would be really great if the option comes up in future release.

I would also like to request you to kindly let the development team know to not only put the "_Yesterday_" option but also give the user frriendly option to user, so that they could be able to drag and drop a "calculated date".

Suppose a developer has to make a parallel period of 3 days prior to present date. He/She can calculate required date and drag that calculated item in the option.

Regards,

Abhishek

RR28
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Maybe the solution could be creating a new calculated measure "SalesValue1" with "0" value for "Today" date in the past (or other desired [or calculated] date) - using IF .... ELSE.

With this measure even sum with 'Today' should give right result as for 'Yesterday'?

Robert R

PaulEveleigh
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Robert - that solved our issue!

Regards

Paul

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation