Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Changing a Parallel Period Date to Today - 1 (Yesterday Date)

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Changing a Parallel Period Date to Today - 1 (Yesterday Date)

Hi,

I am trying to choose yesterdays date as the preferred end of period when using the Parallel Period option - I only get the option of Today, Full or a specific date..

Anyone have any idea on how to modify it to show Today - 1 (yesterday)

Many thanks

Pail

Date.png

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-07-2015 03:10 PM
New Contributor

Re: Changing a Parallel Period Date to Today - 1 (Yesterday Date)

Hi,

Maybe the solution could be creating a new calculated measure "SalesValue1" with "0" value for "Today" date in the past (or other desired [or calculated] date) - using IF .... ELSE.

With this measure even sum with 'Today' should give right result as for 'Yesterday'?

Robert R

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Super FREQ

Hi Paul,

You could select yesterday's date with the _ToDate_ option, but you would have to update the hardcoded value each day you view the report.

I don't think it is possible otherwise. I'll let the development team know that users are interested in a "_Yesterday_" option.

Thanks,

Sam

Contributor

Hi Paul,

That would be really great if the option comes up in future release.

I would also like to request you to kindly let the development team know to not only put the "_Yesterday_" option but also give the user frriendly option to user, so that they could be able to drag and drop a "calculated date".

Suppose a developer has to make a parallel period of 3 days prior to present date. He/She can calculate required date and drag that calculated item in the option.

Regards,

Abhishek

Solution
‎06-07-2015 03:10 PM
New Contributor

Hi,

Maybe the solution could be creating a new calculated measure "SalesValue1" with "0" value for "Today" date in the past (or other desired [or calculated] date) - using IF .... ELSE.

With this measure even sum with 'Today' should give right result as for 'Yesterday'?

Robert R

New Contributor

Thank you Robert - that solved our issue!

Regards

Paul

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation