Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Can I create a view with a full outer join without common fields in Visual Analytics

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can I create a view with a full outer join without common fields in Visual Analytics

Hi,

Does anybody know how I can join two tables via a full outer join when there are no common fields?

I have two tables, one table has a "valid period" defined by a "date from" field and a "date to" field, the other table has a field with

just one variable: "Statement Date".

I want to join the two tables using a "where" statement, the "Statement Date" must be between the "Date From" and the "Date To" value.

Because I don't have two common fields in the tables that I want to join, I get an error when I want to save the view without a join statement, but when I create the full join, I get an error because I don't actually name the fields to be joined.

I can do this in EG, but I thought it would be a good idea to create a view using the "Prepare Data" option in SAS V.A.

Best regards,

Theun

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-26-2018 09:34 AM
New Contributor

Re: Can I create a view with a full outer join without common fields in Visual Analytics

The idea was to create a view based on 2 tables that are already in memory in stead of creating an actual table.

I have found a very basic solution for this "challenge":

I have added a key field to both tables with the value 1.

I can now join both tables on this key field.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Re: Can I create a view with a full outer join without common fields in Visual Analytics

If you have already prepared your data in EG, why not load that into VA?

Solution
‎03-26-2018 09:34 AM
New Contributor

The idea was to create a view based on 2 tables that are already in memory in stead of creating an actual table.

I have found a very basic solution for this "challenge":

I have added a key field to both tables with the value 1.

I can now join both tables on this key field.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation