BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Basl
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to find the number of weekdays between the first day of the month and a given date.

I've calculated the number of days like in the screenshot, but I can't find a way to take only weekdays into account.

2018-07-25 11_07_23-Rapport 1 - Internet Explorer.png

I know I can find the day of the week via the DayOfWeek function, but couldn't find a way to incorporate this in the formula above.

Basically I need to see the number of weekdays elapsed on a given date compared to the start of that month.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me with this.

Thanks in advance,

Bas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can use SAS code in VA 7.4, but only in SAS Studio, the web-basing coding interface packaged with VA. I think it would be easier to add this as a new column to your data before loading into VA LASR memory using @Reeza's approach.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

Are you looking for a Point&Click answer in VA or a simple code answer?

Basl
Fluorite | Level 6

One or the other. That doesn't really matter. I am somewhat familiar with the coding used in VA.

I have only got access to VA 7.4, so if it works there, that would be great.

Reeza
Super User

The INTNX function is available in CAS. 

In Base SAS that would be:

intnx('weekday', date1, date2)
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can use SAS code in VA 7.4, but only in SAS Studio, the web-basing coding interface packaged with VA. I think it would be easier to add this as a new column to your data before loading into VA LASR memory using @Reeza's approach.

Basl
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you all for your replies. I think the suggestion given by SASKiwi should be the easiest way for us.

We'll add the extra column to the data, so we can use it for our calculations instead of trying to build it all in the VA interface.

Thanks!

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi @Basl,

I'm glad you found some useful info! If @SASKiwi's reply was the exact solution to your problem, can you "Accept it as a solution"? Or if it was particularly helpful, feel free to "Like" it. This will help other community members who may run into the same issue know what worked.

Thanks!
Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation