BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jaladra
SAS Employee

Hi everyone,

This is my first time to post here in SAS Support Communities.

I would like to start a discussion on what are your best practices on loading SAS datasets in VA (HADOOP to LASR) whether it is small or large datasets.ssual

How you fully utilized the allocated disk space?

Tuning Block Size?

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi,

It's great to have you join the SAS Support Communities.

This is a good question and there have been some discussions on loading SAS datasets into VA and the use of compression etc in the community. It's a good idea to do some searching in the community before posting a question as you may get some answers/ideas from other posts. A good article to read on how to get the most out of the SAS Support Communities can be found at Please review this and also the useful comments in the post.

In case you aren't aware, your question has been posted in the general Discussions group rather than the specific community where there are dedicated SAS Visual Analytics users who will be able to share their thoughts.

is the community manager of the group. Anna - can you please move this question into the SAS VA community?

Thanks,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation