BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Anand6666
Calcite | Level 5

I had been creating and testing out reports on SAS VA as part of VA certification and happened to find a tutorial on filtering a graph based on user input.

I created a simple barchart with a min and max value to be read as user input. I created 2 parameters which was assigned to text input object and later an advanced filter was applied on the barchart based on the value entered in the text input field but the user inputs doesn't seem to have the desired effect on the barchart.I am attaching a screenshot for better understanding. Kindly advise what could i be doing wrong.

SAS VA V7.4 Hotfix 06

1 REPLY 1
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Look like quantity is aggregated in the graph.

Your parameters might work but what they do is that they keep ROWS in the raw data between 1 and 40000.

These rows are then aggregated in the graph, showing greater values than 40000.

I think you can overcome this by creating an aggregated measure and then use this in the graph 🙂

//Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation