BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
angeliquec
Quartz | Level 8

Is it possible to autoload tables from multiple sources (from host) to multiple metadata folders directed to a single LASR server?

We'd like to have the tables in different metadata folders for easier changing of permissions for each table.

4 REPLIES 4
avinesh
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Angeliquec

I hope this code will help you to load a table automatically from memory

libname  sas startserver port=10010 tag='hps';

data sas.demo;

set sashelp.demo;

run;

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Angeliquec,

I only use one source so there no answer.

I use a usergroup to assign the table read/write rights and its easy to control.

I do not understand why you would like to have the tables in multiple metadata folders if this way of easy permission assigning works well.

So no ACT's  but just Usergroups with read rights, and assigning users to them.

If you need more information, be my guest.

Greetings  Peter

angeliquec
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for the responses Avinesh and Peter!

Aside from Autoload, I have found another code that not only uploads data to LASR, but also registers the metadata.

data valibla.cars;

set sashelp.cars;

run;

proc metalib;

omr

(library="/Products/SAS Visual Analytics Administrator/Visual Analytics LASR"); /*Path of the LASR Library - do not change*/

folder="/Shared Data";

select=("cars"); 

run;

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Angeliquec, do you have access to the vaag.pdf (SAS-VA 9.4) reload is described by autostart/autoload page 20). It is not vague although this document has that (dutch) name.

Aside from the autoload question your question seems to be an having different user groups using SAS VA needing different access definitions. This can be a mandatory approach with more demanding higher priviledged data (privacy, finance, health) in that case I would advice to review the bisecag also (security admin guide).

Your latest posted code is quite common to SAS metadata administration and definition (Bi DI).  

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation