Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Administrating Visual Analytics

Contributor

Administrating Visual Analytics

[ Edited ]

How different is administering SAS Visual Analytics environment from normal SAS BI Environment?

Any links to SAS Papers would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Super User

Re: SAS Visual Analytics

Hello,

related to reporting, it has more or less the same considerations, but as a different product with different components, there are many peculiarities that you should be aware of.

Instead of papers, I would strongly advise you to start with the SAS VA Administration Guide : https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/va/

This document is user/password protected, but you should be able to get it from your SAS Technical Support, if your company has already purchased the SAS VA license.

Best regards,

Juan

Contributor

Thanks Juan for the response. Unfortunately we don't have SAS VA as of now. I have visited that link and since it's protected I am looking for some papers.

Also, I have seen the free videos at SAS Site but they are pertaining to a task only.

Thanks!
Respected Advisor

As a recent administrator to SAS VA, I would say it is very similar to administering SAS BI server, assuming your architecture is similar. VA has extra requirements for managing LASR memory and VA apps.

Esteemed Advisor

Re: Administrating Visual Analytics

First of all, I'd get in contact with the SAS representative and take a look at your requirements, and see if VA is a viable solution.

It may be that your reporting requirements can be met with lesser means (both in term of complexity and cost).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation