BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hello VA community!

I came across a couple of blog posts on administering VA by SAS’ Wendy McHenry. Thought you may be interested:

SAS Visual Analytics: managing user permissions

SAS Visual Analytics: loading data into memory

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

1 REPLY 1
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Great posts by Wendy!

And in case anyone is interested in looking at conditional grants with Visual Analytics, have a look at my blog post describing how to do this Conditional Grants in SAS Visual Analytics

Conditional grants enable you to set up a report and use metadata security for data filtering to a group/user. An example of where this may be useful is where you have 10 departments/groups that need access to the same report with the only difference being the data filtered for each department. Rather than creating the same report 10 times with a data filter or a global filter to subset the data just for a department, an alternative approach would be to create 1 report that has 10 conditional grants for each department group, relying on the metadata security. This means there is only 1 report to maintain, rather than 10, and if a user moves from one group to another group, they automatically see only the data they are granted access to. It is a streamlined way to administer and maintain departmental reports using SAS metadata security.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation