BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Renan_Crepaldi
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, everyone!

I'm trying do add a column with a simple calculation on my crosstab, but I haven't find a way to do it.

I want to make a percentual variance between the two periods I'm comparing (2020 vs. 2019). It should be like this:

Renan_Crepaldi_0-1596644287061.png

I don't know if this changes anything, but I've selected the option to show the headers of the measures on the rows.

Is there a way to do it on the crosstab? Or i should use another type of object?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PetriRoine
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello @Renan_Crepaldi ,

With the data structure you have, personally I don't think it's doable with any out-of-the-box chart or custom build graph. The way I see it, you have two options to achieve this:

1. Adjust the data structure
  2. If you have one of the newer versions of VA then you could use Data-Driven Content and any JavaScript charting framework to create this.

Best regards,

Petri

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PetriRoine
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello @Renan_Crepaldi ,

Yes, you can do this in Crosstab. You just need to use aggregated measure:

Capture.PNG

( Sum [_ByGroup_] ('Y2020'n) / Sum [_ByGroup_] ('Y2019'n) ) - 1

And here is how it looks like plus the source data I used:

Capture2.PNG

I hope this helps,

Br,

Petri

Renan_Crepaldi
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, @PetriRoine! Thanks for replying.

The problem is that my data doesn't have the KPIs separated by year. I needed to use the crosstab to split each KPI by putting the year on the column.

I've attached a sample to make it easier to understand (should've done this before, sorry).

If you need anymore information, please, let me know.

BR, Renan

PetriRoine
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello @Renan_Crepaldi ,

With the data structure you have, personally I don't think it's doable with any out-of-the-box chart or custom build graph. The way I see it, you have two options to achieve this:

1. Adjust the data structure
  2. If you have one of the newer versions of VA then you could use Data-Driven Content and any JavaScript charting framework to create this.

Best regards,

Petri

Renan_Crepaldi
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks for the tip, Petri.

I'll try to adapt the structure of my table.

Regards,
Renan

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation