BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dstephens22
Obsidian | Level 7

Is it possible to create and add a date to a title or heading in SAS VA?  I used to use a macro with Info Maps in SAS BI.  It doesn't appear to offer anything in SAS VA.

Thanks,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Allycat
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Dave,

Building on what Marius has said.

You can use some of the operators in the calculated item to create a dynamic title including the current date.

As a simple example, in the calculated item text input, you can put the following:

Concatenate('The date is - ', Format(DatePart(Now()), 'DDMMYY8.'))

That will get you a string that looks like the below when you put it in a report object:

The date is - 23/07/15

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mariusg
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Dave,

what exact is a header or title for you?

A simple way is to define a new calculated item with now() or a similar function,

assign this new item to a list table and format the list table without header, so that the list table

has not the look and feel like a normal table.

kind regards from germany

Marius

Paari
Calcite | Level 5

You can use SAS defined system date or time as below :

title "date is &sysdate and time is &systime";

dstephens22
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the reply Paari.  I am not sure I can use this SAS code in Visual Analytics.  I had hoped that was the case.  Unless I am missing something.

Allycat
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Dave,

Building on what Marius has said.

You can use some of the operators in the calculated item to create a dynamic title including the current date.

As a simple example, in the calculated item text input, you can put the following:

Concatenate('The date is - ', Format(DatePart(Now()), 'DDMMYY8.'))

That will get you a string that looks like the below when you put it in a report object:

The date is - 23/07/15

dstephens22
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Allycat and Marius.

I have created the metric you described below, but just so I am clear: I cannot add it as a title?  It would have to be part of the report?  So I added it at the top of a Crosstab and it appears to be a title.  Is this true or am I mistaken?

I am ok with that but would rather it be in an overall banner or the title of the report.

I appreciate your help with this.

Thank you!

Dave

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation