Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Adding Dates to headers or titles

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Adding Dates to headers or titles

Is it possible to create and add a date to a title or heading in SAS VA?  I used to use a macro with Info Maps in SAS BI.  It doesn't appear to offer anything in SAS VA.

Thanks,

Dave

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎07-22-2015 06:18 PM
Occasional Contributor

Re: Adding Dates to headers or titles

Hi Dave,

Building on what Marius has said.

You can use some of the operators in the calculated item to create a dynamic title including the current date.

As a simple example, in the calculated item text input, you can put the following:

Concatenate('The date is - ', Format(DatePart(Now()), 'DDMMYY8.'))

That will get you a string that looks like the below when you put it in a report object:

The date is - 23/07/15

View solution in original post

All Replies
Contributor

Hi Dave,

what exact is a header or title for you?

A simple way is to define a new calculated item with now() or a similar function,

assign this new item to a list table and format the list table without header, so that the list table

has not the look and feel like a normal table.

kind regards from germany

Marius

Occasional Contributor

You can use SAS defined system date or time as below :

title "date is &sysdate and time is &systime";

Contributor

Thanks for the reply Paari.  I am not sure I can use this SAS code in Visual Analytics.  I had hoped that was the case.  Unless I am missing something.

Solution
‎07-22-2015 06:18 PM
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dave,

Building on what Marius has said.

You can use some of the operators in the calculated item to create a dynamic title including the current date.

As a simple example, in the calculated item text input, you can put the following:

Concatenate('The date is - ', Format(DatePart(Now()), 'DDMMYY8.'))

That will get you a string that looks like the below when you put it in a report object:

The date is - 23/07/15

Contributor

Thanks Allycat and Marius.

I have created the metric you described below, but just so I am clear: I cannot add it as a title?  It would have to be part of the report?  So I added it at the top of a Crosstab and it appears to be a title.  Is this true or am I mistaken?

I am ok with that but would rather it be in an overall banner or the title of the report.

I appreciate your help with this.

Thank you!

Dave

Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation