BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MarkCorr
Calcite | Level 5
New to rule based drivers. Trying to eliminate driver assignment where Source cost =$0 (cost can be <>$0) that no forward assignment is created on calculation. I can not get this to work. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DonReid
SAS Employee
You are welcome. Feel free to email me with further questions.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
DonReid
SAS Employee

I used this formula for my rule.  Source.Cost<>0

The only caveat here is that this particular rule will also make assignment to accounts in the same module where there is no source cost.  You would have to clean those assignments up if you have accounts with that state.  If you would like me to dig deeper, please let me know.  You can reach me at don.reid@sas.com

MarkCorr
Calcite | Level 5
Can you please investigate as I have tried this without success? Thanks
DonReid
SAS Employee
What version of ABM are you running?
MarkCorr
Calcite | Level 5
7.2 but due to move to 8 next month
DonReid
SAS Employee

One of my colleagues had this in response to your question.  And remember source.cost<>0  would be the module the account making the assignment in.  Here is what my colleague said.

Whether this works or not will depend on whether he is using sequenced drivers. To work this driver would have to be at least sequence 2 as there will be no cost for sequence 1 until after a calc. If the rule is being used in the Resource module then you may be able to use EnteredCost instead but expect you will get the same result.

To designate the rule as only applying to this module you could use SOURCE.Module.DimMemberRef = destination.Module.dimmemberref (or of course not equal if it mustn’t go the same module).

MarkCorr
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks I will try and revert with the result. Thx
DonReid
SAS Employee
You are welcome. Feel free to email me with further questions.
MarkCorr
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Don,

On a difference subjuct, I have just posted the query below. Are you in a position to assist or would it go to another grouop? Thanks again for your assistance so far.

Long Calculatio​n / Cube times

9m ago

Recently calculation / cube processing times have increased 10 fold and I am trying to work towards a solution. I have sought out reported / unreported errors (e.g. circular account assignments , percentages exceeding / not equating to 100, invalid driver rules disabled / corrected / removed, OutputQtyUE not equal to 0, etc. I have also made reference values as short as possible to ensure intersections are as short as they can be. Can anyone suggest other actions that could be taken?

MarkCorr
Calcite | Level 5
Addition of change to sequence 2 solved it. Thx again to all.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation