Community voor gebruikers van SAS Visual Analytics en SAS Visual Statistics. Updates, tips en nieuwe functionaliteiten.

SAS VA

New Contributor

SAS VA

Hello,

We have a separate compute server for VA but not separate metadata for VA.

Metadata server is common for both Fraud compute and VA compute servers.

Whenever we are creating temporary datasets it is saving in Fraud compute but not in VA compute.

Please let us know if there is any way that I can re-route temporary datasets to VA compute server.

Thanks & Regards,

Arnav

Super User

Re: SAS VA

Hello @apagote,

what are those temporary datasets?

But let me try to answer your question, maybe something will help you:

• When you speak about Fraud, I guess you are working with EG or DI. If you change your SASApp to the VA one (probably the FF SASApp is the default one), you will start creating ETLs and code in the other compute.
  • Also, there is always an excellent option: you can create a windows shared folder on your Fraud compute to a VA compute folder. Then you can create the tables or code into the Fraud server, but the actual objects will be available on the VA compute as well.

Is this helping you on any way?

Best regards,

Juan

New Contributor

Hello @JuanS_OCS

Thanks for the quick respose. It was really helpfull.

Currently we are loading Temporary datasets(sas datsets), But will the same approach works for permanent datasets(db tables).

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Arnav

Super User

Hello @apagote,

yes it will Smiley Happy How do you load tables into VA at this moment? Autoload? Data Queries? 

Respected Advisor

This is exactly the approach we take for our SAS BI Server and SAS VA. Both our servers are on SAS 9.4, but different maintenance levels and so they are kept entirely separate, each with their own metadata server.

Recently we have started to use SAS/CONNECT. This enables us to run all our VA load jobs on BI Server as that is where all of the source data is, then SIGNON to VA and load into LASR all in the one job. It makes VA ETL so much easier to manage.

The VA load jobs write the load tables to the shared folder, then we use a simple DATA step to copy it into the LASR in-memory library.

Super User

By the way Arnav, I feel curious. How come that you post this question on the VA community for SAS Netherlands and not in the general VA community? 

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation