BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lynnaZhang
Calcite | Level 5

1. when i use the SAS ondemand for academics online SAS studio, i put my data under the common fold, however, cannot open the sas file , why?

2.png

2. and, when i created a lib containing the data provided in this book:

Text Mining and Analysis: Practical Methods, Analysis and Case Studies Using SAS 

in its case 3 study.

But it turned out that the lib data set is empty after i uploaded the data and create a lib pointing to the directory

SASProblem.png

Then i found a answer in common questions as below:

SAS.png

Since i'm just a starter, i dont quite understand what this exactly mean, it mean that i can not work with available sas libs or i can create 3rd party libs through assigning libname statements?

1 REPLY 1
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi,

I'm guessing that you are using the documents available at the SAS OnDemand for Academics site.   One thing I notice that's different in your steps is the LIBNAME statement.  The examples state to point to the ./my_content subfolder, but your screenshot shows '/home/lynna.zhang' -- not '/home/lynna.zhang/my_content'.  Could that be the cause for what you're seeing?

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation